You need more than just luck to enjoy your trip to Las Vegas. Be smart and don’t take chances when it comes to your well being. Gamble with your money, not your safety.
1) Don’t turn over your whole set of keys when you valet. Use a key chain that separates in two and just leave the car key.
2) Don’t sign to your room. Pay cash or use credit or debit cards. Charging or signing to your room seems really cool, but it leaves you very vulnerable to fraud, whether you’re in Vegas or anywhere else on travel.
3) Hey Big Spender, if you have to sign to your room because you gamble big and the casino is going to pick up your tab be discreet. Try not to let anyone overhear your name and room #. In most places that’s all a person needs to start charging all kinds of things to your room and run up a big bill.
4) LADIES- When you’re playing a machine keep your purse on your lap. If you set it next to you, you are an easy mark for theives.
5) GUYS- Cash out your chips when you stop play. Even if you’re going back to the tables in a little while. Men are notorious for loosing chips from their pockets. They can just fall out when you’re sitting or when you are trying to pull cash from your pockets.
1) If you plan to have a car in Vegas and it rains while you are here, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL DRIVING!! Lots of oil builds up on the roads. On the rare occasion when it does rain, even just a little, it causes the oil to float up but not run off, which makes the roads as slippery as ice!
NOTE: It had just rained here in Vegas which prompted me to write about driving when it has rained. I think the drizzles are worse than the actual rain. I talked to a girl the day after writing this who told me she was driving on the highway after it had rained when all of a sudden her car just started to turn sideways. She hit the embankment and bounced across three lanes. She was lucky not to have hit any other cars, or get seriously hurt, but she said that behind her was a 12 car pile up.
2) If you are walking around Las Vegas, pay close attention to the cross walks and pedestrian signs. If it says don’t walk; DON’T!! There are some crazy intersections on the strip that have traffic coming from five different directions. Use the pedestrian bridges whenever possible. It is much safer.
3) JAY WALKING IS NO JOKE IN THIS TOWN. If a cop catches you, you will get a ticket with a hefty fine. I have a friend who was in a hurry and ran across a side street and got hit by a car, (it wasn’t going very fast and she only got bruised thank goodness) and as she laid there rubbing her side, a policeman wrote her a ticket. Yep. For REAL.
4) Don’t stray from main walkways. Don’t go looking for shortcuts through alleys and parking areas that aren’t well lit. There’s always lots of security in the Hotels and on the property. Use common sense.
5) If you win big and you’re at a casino other than where you’re staying, ask the casino for a security guard to escort you to your car when you leave. They will be happy to do so.
Just use your common sense and have a great time on your trip to Las Vegas. If you drink, don’t drive. There’s always a cab or a bus near by. Follow the signs at crosswalks and be safe. We want you to come back to Vegas again, and again.